Warm Runner Bean Salad with Poached Egg
Author: Terry Lyons
- 1 pack fresh runner beans
- Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Eggs
- Lemon (1 tbsp Juice and Zest)
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- In a pan of boiling water, cook the runner beans. This should only take 2 mins as you want them to be on the raw side of crunchy.
- In a separate pan of boiling salted water, poach the eggs. I normally swirl the water with a spoon and then drop in one egg at a time. This will take about 3-4 mins as you want the egg yolk to remain runny.
- Mix the lemon juice, oil, zest, salt and pepper to make a dressing.
- Toss the runner beans in the dressing while still warm.
- To serve, place the runner beans on a plate, top with grated parmesan, then 2 poached eggs, and sprinkle with cracked black pepper and salt.