Valentines Chocolate Mousse
Chocolate Mousse for Special Occasions
- 100g dark chocolate (55 – 70%)
- 2 large eggs (room temp)
- ½ tbsp caster sugar
- 50ml water
- Break the chocolate and place in a glass bowl with the water.
- Place the bowl over a pot of steaming water to melt. Take off the heat and whisk in the egg yolks, one at a time.
- Beat the egg whites until they stand in stiff peaks. Add the sugar and whisk again.
- Add one-third of the egg whites to the chocolate mix and gently fold in until all the egg white is combined. Add the remaining egg whites and again fold in until it is all combined.
- Place mixture in glasses or coffee cups. Cover and place in the fridge for at least an hour to set.
- Before serving, you could place some pink glitter on top.