Author: Terry Lyons
Recipe type: 10 minute meals
If you have a little bit more time, you could always try an authentic Spaghetti alla Carbonara by Antonio Carluccio http://www.antonio-carluccio.com/Spaghetti_alla_Carbonara
- 200g of tagliatelle (dry or fresh)
- 2-3 rashers or 1 pack of bacon lardons or equivalent of pancetta
- 2 large egg yolks
- 100ml cream
- Handful frozen peas
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan (plus some shavings to serve if you are bothered!)
- Place the pasta in a pot of boiling water and cook according to instructions. When almost cooked add a handful of frozen peas for the last minute.
- At the same time, chop the bacon/pancetta into small pieces and fry quickly in a hot frying pan.
- Beat the eggs and mix with the cream and 1tbsp of grated parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain, return to the saucepan and add in the egg mix. Stir well to coat the pasta. The hot pasta will cook the eggs.
- Add the bacon and serve on a plate with some fresh shavings of parmesan