Smoked Salmon Hash with Poached Egg
Author: Terry Lyons
A simple recipe that packs flavour and is perfect for lunch, brunch or a light dinner
- 300g cooked baby potatoes
- 100g smoked salmon, chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp crème fraiche or sour cream
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- To make the dressing, mix the crème fraiche, olive oil, Dijon mustard and juice of 1 lemon together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently crush the potatoes and mix with the capers, dill, spring onions and zest of 1 lemon
- Fry the potatoes in a pan with sunflower oil on a medium-high heat, and cook until the potatoes begin to go crispy.
- In the meantime, you can poach the eggs
- Add the smoked salmon to the potatoes, stir, and remove from the heat.
- To serve, place some potato mix on a plate, top with dressing, poached egg and some fresh dill.