Raw Carrot and Avocado Soup with Toasted Hazelnuts
Author: Terry Lyons
This is a simple raw soup which is full of goodness and best served at room temperature.
- 400ml fresh carrot juice
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1-2 lemons
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 hazelnuts, toasted and crushed
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Peel the avocado, remove the stone and add the flesh to the carrot juice
- Add ½ clove grated garlic, juice of 1 lemon, salt and pepper and blitz until smooth
- Add more lemon, garlic and salt to taste.
- To serve, pour into 2 bowls and top with olive oil, toasted hazelnuts, lemon zest and chopped parsley.