for kids (big and small!)
Home Made Fish Fingers
Author: Terry Lyons
Home Made Fish Fingers that you can make in a batch and freeze
- 500g white fish (cod, hake, haddock, whiting, lemon sole) skinned
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 100g plain flour (seasoned with salt and pepper).
- 200g stale breadcrumbs (panko if possible)
- Sunflower Oil to cook
- Cut the fish into finger sized strips.
- Coat in the seasoned flour
- Dip in the egg mixture
- Drop into the breadcrumbs and coat. Set aside on a plate
- Heat a large amount of oil to a med-high temperature in a large pan.
- Shallow fry the fish until golden.
- Remove to some kitchen towel
- Serve with a wedge of lemon and a sauce of your choice (I use a simple ketchup/mayonnaise mix)