Healthy Banana Bread
Author: Terry Lyons
This is a healthy version of banana bread. If you use gluten free bread soda, it classifies as Paleo. Wrap it in tinfoil when it is cool and it is fantastic with some almond butter.
- 1 ½ cups of ground almonds
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 5 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 170 C
- Mix the ground almonds, coconut flour, salt and baking soda together
- Mix together the eggs, oil, honey, vinegar, vanilla and bananas.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix with a hand blender
- Put the batter into a greased loaf tin and cook for about 30 minutes until cooked
- To check if it is cooked, stick a skewer in the middle of the cake and it should come out clean.