Easy Peasy Goats Cheese and Roast Vegetable Tart
Author: Terry Lyons
Cuisine: Light Meals
No culinary skills required!! This recipe can also be easily adapted to suit little taste buds by using toppings such as ham, cheddar cheese and tomato sauce / passata. The vegetables can be roasted the day before and it is always a good idea to make extra as they make fantastic sandwich fillers.
- 1 sheet puff pastry (de-frosted)
- 2 red peppers
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 small red onions
- 200g soft goats cheese
- 3 tbsp good quality pesto (red or green)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat an oven to 180 C
- Chop the peppers and the onions into bite size pieces, place on a roasting tray. Peel the garlic cloves and crush lightly with the side of a chopping knife. Add to the tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 20-30 mins or until the vegetables are soft.
- Once the vegetables have been taken out, increase the heat to 200 C.
- Lay out the pastry on a lightly based baking tray, cover lightly with the pesto, and scatter the roasted vegetables over the pastry, leaving a border of approximately 2cm uncovered around the edges.
- Crumble the goats cheese and scatter over the tart.
- Place in the oven for 15 – 20 mins until the pastry puffs up around the edges and is golden brown.
- Serve with some mixed salad leaves