These make great gifts and are also fantastic for canapés, leftover turkey or ham, or as part of a salad.
Author: Terry Lyons
- 3 large beetroots
- 1 apple (granny smith)
- ½ onion
- 125ml red wine or apple cider vinegar
- 125g caster sugar
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Peel and grate the beetroot and apple
- Finely chop the onion
- Add the onion, apple, beetroot, cumin and vinegar to a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 30 mins
- Place in sterilised jars. Information on how to sterilise jars can be found here. http://www.kilnerjar.co.uk/Preserving/guides/sterilisation-and-hygiene
- Place the jars in a cool, dark place for ideally more than two weeks.