Seared Tuna with Rocket and Cucumber Salad, and a Soy and Ginger Dressing
Author: Terry Lyons
- 400g fresh tuna
- 200g rocket
- 1 cucumber
- 3 radishes
- Olive Oil
- Black sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp shallots, finely chopped
- 1cm ginger, grated
- ½ tsp honey
- 1½ tbsp mirin (rice vinegar)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- ½ tbsp water
- Black Pepper
- To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients together well.
- Peel the cucumber and radishes into strips using a peeler. Add to the rocket and set aside.
- In a hot pan, add some oil and quickly sear the tuna on all sides and set aside.
- Dress the salad lightly with some olive oil, salt and pepper, and place in the centre of a plate.
- Slice the tuna and place on top of the salad. Top with the soy dressing and the toasted sesame seeds.